Sunday, June 26, 2005

Josephine B.

Tess had a link to Sandra Gulland's website on her blog today. If you haven't read Sandra's trilogy of books inspired by Josephine's life, you are in for a real treat. www.sandragulland.com

I've always had a fascination with Napoleon and Josephine. I suppose it originated from two sources. One, the ABC mini-series of "Napoleon and Josephine" and two, Rosalind Laker's Tree of Gold.

But I counted my blessings the day I found Sandra's trilogy in Barnes and Noble. I bought all three books and read all three in quick succession. They are wonderful at drawing you into the period, at exposing you to the daily lives of Josephine and Napoleon, their wants, desires, emotions, dreams, ambitions...

I started a novel set during Napoleon's reign in France and Napoleon and Josephine were actually main characters. I hope to return to it someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home